Instagram is not only for pictures and videos. People also share great written content on the app. This app has all kinds of texts such as informative ones, funny ones, motivational ones, and even some quotes.
Adding a text alongside your visual content can imbue it with purpose and significance, enhancing its overall impact.
Instagram is a website where you can see what your family, friends, and favorite accounts are doing and share stuff with them. You can also update your own profile to show others what you are up to. If you use this platform often, you may have seen captions or comments that you want to save and share on other social apps.
The managers of the Instagram app have disabled the straight copying in the app, which might be because of the copyright policies.
So if you are here to find out how to copy Instagram captions and comments, you are in the right place. We have mentioned some simple steps you can take and copy any kind of text you want on Instagram. Let’s dive in.
How can you copy Instagram captions and comments on iOS & Android?
If your phone has been fed up with thousands of Instagram screenshots to save captions or comments, right now, after reading these instructions, you can get rid of all of them!
As you know, unlike Facebook, you can’t copy any texts, including comments and captions, on Instagram, so you definitely will find these tricks useful.
Use the Instagram Desktop version in your PC Browser.
This is the most straightforward method you can use to copy any Instagram caption or comment. You can copy Instagram captions or comments through the Instagram website.
No matter whether you are doing it directly on your computer or the desktop site on your Android device or iPhone:
- Open the IG post where you want to copy the comment or caption.
- Tap on the three-dot menu above and select Copy Link.
- Now, run Google Chrome (or any other browser you use).
- After that, Paste the link into the address bar. Head to your Instagram account on the official Instagram website.
- Tap the three-dot option at the top right corner.
- Click on the “Desktop Site.”
- When the desktop version loads, find the caption/comment you want to copy.
- Press long on the caption on the Instagram post and drag it to select.
- Tap on the “Copy” to save it to your phone’s clipboard.
Finally, you can paste the copied Instagram caption or comment anywhere you wish to. Note that captions can also be copied on the Instagram phone site. You don’t need to switch the desktop site if you aim to copy caption only.
For iPhone users:
The process is just like mentioned above, only replace Google Chrome with Safari!
Use Google Photos or Apple Photos to Copy Instagram Comments.
Google Photos comes united with Google Lens, letting you scan and copy the texts from your photos. Furthermore, Apple has also launched Live Text with iOS 15, which recognizes the text in your photos.
You wonder how it’ll help you in copying Instagram captions. You simply have to take a screenshot of the comments or caption section and use Google Photos or Apple Photos to pull out the text.
To understand it better, follow the process below:
- Before starting the process, take a screenshot of the caption on the Instagram post.
- Now, open the “Google Photos” on your android device.
- Find the screenshot you captured, and then click on the Lens icon at the bottom of the screen.
- It will automatically detect the text in the photo.
- Select the comment/caption you wish to copy.
Following this process, you can simply copy any text on Instagram.
Apple Photos for iOS devices:
- After taking a screenshot of the text, you want to copy, open the Photos app on the iPhone.
- Open the screenshot you just captured.
- At the bottom right, tap the “Live Text” icon.
- It will automatically highlight all the text.
- Tap on the text and select “Copy.”
Here’s how to save Instagram comments or captions from posts. We hope this guide can assist Instagram users who like to save interesting captions on the app.
But, it’s important to know that it’s not right to copy someone else’s caption without permission. Instead, you can acknowledge and give credit to the original writer.
If you’d like, you can check out this link for helpful tips on improving your Instagram captions to make your posts better. There are helpful suggestions available for you.
Please tell us in the comments if you would like to learn any more tricks, so that we can assist you in the future updates.